Booking and Payment Policy
All boats reservations require a $300 deposit. Reservations must be secured by a credit card thru our online booking system.
Credit Card payments are collected by Trekksoft AG acting as an authorised agent of TUNA FISH SPORTFISHING. Subsequently, Trekksoft AG will appear as TUNA SPORT FISHING on your credit card statement.
The domain where you enter and process your payment is owned and operated by TrekkSoft AG.
** $35 transaction fee and $39 IVA tax are charged on credit card transactions on booking process. **
- Balance can be pay using cash (please pay balance to the captain). Cash is always the preferred method of payment. Credit card merchants in Costa Rica are expensive and all credit card transactions are taxed.
- If you pay balance with credit card, an additional 7% bank comission and 13% IVA tax will be added to your balance.
- We don’t accept traveler checks.
Tip Crew: You already paid for the trip but you should make sure you have some cash in pocket so you can tip the Mate and Captain. It is a hard work, it is not easy and these guys deserve every dime they get. A tip between 15% or 20% of the trip cost, for all them, will be fine.
- If the captain sick or the boat can´t go out due to mechanical difficulties, all effort will be to find a comparable boat the same fishing day. If a comparable boat is not found, we will ask you to reschudule the charter for the next day or so, according to your availability. If is not possible to reschudule the charter so there is no charge for the day(s) and a full refund for the day(s) in question will be given.
- If you cancel 1 month before the fishing day a 50% refund will be done.
- If you cancel 2 weeks before the fishing day a 25% refund will be done.
- If you cancel a week before or no shows at the fishing day a 0% refund will be done.
Departure time: Fishing trips depart at 7:30 a.m, please stay at the prearranged beach 15 minutes before departure time. Our mate will be waiting for your at the beach to take you to the boat.
Rates: Rates are subject to change and do not include customary tip for the crew (15%-20%).
Safety: The safety and enjoyment of our passengers and crew is extremely important. It will be the sole decision of the vessel Captain in assessing equipment, water and weather conditions as to actual departure. If a cancellation must be made under the above circumstances, it will be the client’s choice for a refund of deposit or rescheduling.
Medical Concerns: Please inform us of any medical problems or special requirements at the time of booking.
Alcohol: Beer is allowed but being obnoxious and drunk is not. Always drink responsibly.
Charters includes: Drinks (tropical juice, water bottle, beers and soft drinks), fishing equipment, bait, ice bag, fresh fruits, snacks and lunch (on full day).
What to bring?
Sunscreen, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, camera, towels or anything else you want/need.